Monday, October 01, 2007

Artkids - a short story about a favour!



A Favour

“Hans, we saw the ArtKids-exhibition in the Groningen-Hospital. My name is Leonie, and I am a teacher at the Mythyl school nearby. I’d like to ask you a favour.

Melany here, is a nice pupil, “chained” in a in wheelchair, and, … frankly speaking, there’s only one thing she likes to do and càn do: drawing. But, she feels quite useless. Can you and Tamara pick up some of her drawings, and paint them?"

Some weeks later I visited the school, and there was Melany in her wheelchair, with a big smile on her face.

She made large, very large drawings; her eyes were not so good either, so the teacher used to hand her charcoal and big unfolded paper.

Drawings filled with emotion! And,… quite simple and stylized.

“Well, very nice drawings”, I said. Melany seemed very shy then.

“Can I borrow some of your drawings?” I asked. A big smile was the answer.

Tamara made a painting out of one of them.

And I showed the painting, 60 x 200 cm in the classroom. Melany’s smile was too big to fit in the classroom. And it stayed there for about a month.

The painting inspired Melany and her classmates to paint. And, the mother of Melany bought the painting ( on a hire-purchase of €25 a month).

That all apparently stimulated Melany. And not her mother, but Melany herself now usually pays the €25 a month since she has her own exhibitions now, and earns money from her own drawings and art.


for more:- http://artkids.eu/
"from a drawing of a child to precious art"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home